For those looking for something refreshing in every sense our Wild Swimming activity on the Armathwaite Hall estate is a must-try. Situated just a short walk from the hotel ‘Wild Swimmers’ will be met at the foot of the stunning Bassenthwaite Lake by their instructor for an immersive half day session in the wild and open waters.
This unique experience includes:
• Short introduction to Open and Cold water swimming including safety, wetsuit fit (if required) and a brief history about the local
• Discussion of swim times and plan for the morning.
• A maiden swim in Bassenthwaite Lake accompanied by your instructor, who will either swim with you, or instruct from Paddleboard.
• The length of the swim and will be dependent on the size of the group, but is set to a maximum of 45 minutes in the water.
• Following your maiden swim, your instructor will review with you the immediate health benefits of wild swimming.
• You will then move onto your second ‘secret’ location of the day.
• From here, you will take a short walk-in to secret open water experience, which is famed for its’ crystal clear colour water.
• You then have a choice of dipping in the pools or soaking in the atmosphere of the area.
• A warm brew and cake whilst chatting about long term benefits before driving back to the hotel.
Price on Application