1. Work as a team. You and your partner are a team throughout the wedding planning process. Make wedding planning something fun that you both do together. Keep your focus on what matters most to you both, forget what you think you should or should not do. Create a list of priorities.
2. Try not to rush into decisions – It may be enticing to book the first photographer or florist you meet, but take a step back and weigh all your options before making any quick decisions.
3. Have faith that all your efforts will be worth it – You will spend a lot of your time over the next month’s/years planning your special day, but trust us that all your time and effort will be worth it. So make sure that you savour every moment of your wedding day.
4. Accept that you will not be able to please everyone – You cannot make everyone happy! Trying to accommodate others will just make the whole process more daunting. This is YOUR DAY, make it about you two!
5. Eat! – Take the time on your wedding day to eat.
6. Select a theme – Whether it is a few colours or an actual theme, choose something to design your wedding around. It will be much easier to make design decisions and will make things look cohesive.
7. Make a uniform kids policy – We can think of three choices: 1) You can welcome children with open arms, 2) you can decide to have an “adults only” wedding or 3) you can include immediate family only; To prevent hurt feelings it is wise to avoid allowing some families to bring children while excluding others (unless, of course, the children are in your bridal party)
8. Take it one step at a time – Put together a wedding planning schedule and do things one by one, in a logical order, so you do not take on too much too fast and end up with everything snowballing around you. Confirm your date before you hire any suppliers; Your cake and flowers go hand in hand envision both and work with both suppliers to create your dream design; and check with your venue on time restrictions and spaces before booking a band or evening entertainment.
9. Plan for the weather – Getting married in Cumbria means planning for every eventuality. Try not to ignore the forecast! Pack those wellies, umbrellas and embrace the potential rain, sunshine or snow and make some amazing photographic memories to last a lifetime.
10. Finally….. Enjoy yourself!
Please contact the wedding team to discuss availability and packages on 017687 76551 or email firstname.lastname@example.org