For those looking for something refreshing in every sense, Wild Swimming is a ‘must try’ activity here on the Armathwaite Hall Estate.
Situated just a short stroll down from the hotel, ‘Wild Swimmers’ are met at the foot of Bassenthwaite Lake by their instructor for a half day session in the wild and open waters.
What is included in the Wild Swimming Half Day Package?
Short introduction to Open and Cold water swimming including safety, wetsuit fit (if required) and a brief history about the local area.
– Discussion of swim times and plan for the morning.
– A maiden swim in Bassenthwaite Lake accompanied by your instructor, who will either swim with you, or instruct from Paddleboard.
– The length of the swim will be dependent on the size of the group, but is set to a maximum of 45 minutes in the water.
– Following your maiden swim, your instructor will review with you the immediate health benefits of wild swimming.
– You will then move onto your second ‘secret’ location of the day.
– From here, you will take a short drive to secret pool and waterfall famed for its crystal clear waters.
– You then have a choice of dipping in the pools or soaking inthe atmosphere of the area.
– A warm brew and cake whilst chatting about long term benefits before driving back to the hotel.